Posted on Mar 1st, 2010
As promised, Charles Dauray, CEO of the College of Life Foundation presents the Estero Historical Society’s Board of Directors a check for $28,000. The check along with other donated and grant funds are being used to restore the 1904 Estero School and 1906 Hall-Hanson-Collier House. These historic buildings and the $100,000 needed to move them from old Estero to an area of the Estero Community Park, were earlier provided by Mr. Dauray. The Lee County Commissioners has designated the area in the Park as an historical area to be protected. Restoration work on the Collier-Hall building has begun.
Pictured are Jean Pryal, building renovator Dale Schneider, Carla Morris, Past Pres. MaryAnn Weenen, Sec-Tres. CLF Peggy Egan, EHS Treasurer Bev MacNellis, Charles Dauray, Site manager Dave Pryal, Pres. John Yarbrough, Eileen Galvin, Dick Marsh and Marlene Fernandez